Rebate Programs

Rebates | Energy Efficiency Calculators and Resources | Other

Rebates & Incentives


See which energy efficient rebates and incentives might apply to your home, business, farm or school. These savings are available through Corn Belt Energy's power supplier, Wabash Valley Power Association. Learn more about the rebates below at

HVAC Heat Pump Rebates (Up to $1,500)
Click here to learn more about HVAC heat pump rebates that are available to our residential members through our power supplier, Wabash Valley Power Association.

Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate ($400)
Interested in replacing your exisiting electric tank water heater? If you upgrade to a heat pump water heater, you can qualify for a $400 rebate from our power supplier, Wabash Valley Power Association. Energy Factor must be greater than or equal to 2.0 to qualify and an AHRI certificate is required. Click here to learn more.

Commercial & Industrial Energy Efficiency Incentives

There are several rebates and programs available for businesses including commerical and industrial buildings, schools and farm/ag operations. Click to learn more about progams offered by our power supplier, Wabash Valley Power Association.

Electric Water Heater Rebates

If you’re in the market for a new electric water heater, Corn Belt Energy offers rebates for members. Buy an electric 40-gallon water heater and you’ll receive a $100 rebate; purchase a 50-gallon or larger electric unit and you'll receive a rebate check for $125. You can purchase your water heater from any retailer, and we encourage you to buy an energy efficient model with good insulation.

To claim your rebate, fax, email, or mail a copy of your receipt to us at:

Corn Belt Energy
Attn: Member Services
1 Energy Way
Bloomington, IL 61705

Fax: 309-663-4516 |  Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Make sure to include the size of the water heater, your name, and your Corn Belt Energy account number with your receipt copy and you'll receive a rebate check within 4 weeks.

And if you install your new water heater on the basement floor, we suggest you set it on a 1" or 2" Styrofoam insulation pad to prevent heat from migrating to the floor.

NOTE: To receive a water heater rebate, co-op members must also agree to allow Corn Belt Energy to place a load management switch on the water heater (at no cost), which is eligible for bill credits of $4.50/month for June - September bills. The load management switch will turn your water heater off periodically during peak load times during the summer, typically in the late afternoon on very hot days. This load management switch minimally affects your hot water while allowing the cooperative to reduce electric load during peak usage times which saves money by avoiding peak power charges from our power supplier. To receive the bill credit, member must use a minimum of 400 kWh per summer month (June - September).

Contact Jeremy Myers, Energy Advisor at 800-879-0339 x221.

Energy Efficiency Calculators & Resources

Looking for free calculators, videos and helpful websites that can show you how to save money and energy? Click here for our list of useful resources.


State and Local Resources

Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency

If you purchase an energy-efficient product or renewable energy system for your home, you may be eligible for a federal tax credit. Click here for a complete list of qualifying upgrades and purchases.

Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)

Funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Energy and the State of Illinois, IHWAP helps low-income families in Illinois who live at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. Weatherization program operators employ a wide array of testing devices to determine how the most energy can be saved and install energy-saving materials such as efficient furnaces, insulation, etc.

The average IHWAP participant is able to lower their annual energy bill by more than $300 per year. To learn more, contact your local community action agency.